Whether it’s the holidays or an upcoming football party, I figured this was the perfect time to share this simple recipe. It’s a favorite around here and it’s always on the menu when we’re having a party. I don’t know if you noticed, but there are three large loaves in the photo above. And guess what? You can make those three big loaves for less than twenty bucks and in about an hour! (Minus thaw time.) Say what?! Oh, and you only need THREE ingredients. You can thank me for this later.
- 3 loaves frozen bread dough
- 1 lb Sliced Pepperoni
- 1 lb (16 oz) Provolone Cheese
- Using a pastry brush, coat bread dough in vegetable oil. Let thaw and rise for 6 hours. (I place each frozen loaf on a cookie sheet with nonstick foil.)
- Once bread is ready, flour your surface and roll each loaf out with a rolling pin. Just roll it out in as close to a square shape as possible – it doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Place pepperoni on dough – leave about an inch all the way around.
- Place cheese layer on top of pepperoni.
- Add another layer of pepperoni on top of the cheese.
- Roll bread up into a loaf and close the ends nicely.
- Place back on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes until golden brown.
That’s all there is to it! Every time I serve this someone wants the recipe. It’s simple, delicious, and inexpensive to make. (Just don’t count the calories!)