Here’s another quick and easy recipe that’s perfect for a party. I’ve been making these for the past 6 years and every time I make them they don’t stick around for long. My husband likes to gobble them up and has even been known to smuggle them to work with him. (And then he’d have to hide them because his employees would try to snatch them.) I used to have to make double batches so there were enough to go around! I’ll be honest, the first time you taste them you’ll be unsure if you really like them, so you’ll grab another piece to try to confirm whether you like or dislike, and the next thing you know, you’ve eaten way more than you should have. The best part about these pretzels is that you can decide how much zing you want to give these addicting little pieces of crunchy goodness.
Let’s start with what you need:
- 2 pounds of Sour Dough Pretzels
- 1.5 packages Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1.5 cups vegetable oil
- 1.5 teaspoons lemon pepper (optional)
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder (optional)
- 1.5 teaspoons dill (optional)
I do use the lemon pepper and garlic most of the time, but have never used dill in my pretzels.
Now let’s get to making them!
- Pre-heat oven to 350°
- Break up pretzels in an oven proof pan (I use a 9×13 glass pan)
- Mix ranch and the spices of your choice with oil until well combined
- Drizzle over pretzel pieces
- Stir to coat each pretzel piece
- Bake for 7 minutes
- Remove from oven and stir
- Bake for 7 more minutes and stir
- Turn oven off and leave pretzels in the oven for 20 minutes
- Serve warm or once cooled
These store incredibly well for a couple weeks (if they last that long!) in an airtight container.
Add these to your snack menu and let me know what you think of them!