So it’s been a while since I’ve posted because life is crazy. But here’s the thing: Every time I share on my Facebook page that I made this for dinner everyone wants the recipe, and I just couldn’t bring myself to say I made this for dinner tonight without finally sharing the recipe. 😊
It’s so delicious and so simple to make. This can be thrown together and on the table in 45 minutes. It would make a great meal if you’re having dinner guests – they’ll feel like they just sat down at a cozy little Italian restaurant when you serve this. And I promise: You can’t mess this up! It’s that easy.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 12 oz Fresh Baby Spinach (I prefer organic… it doesn’t shrink down to nothing!)
- 32 oz Vegetable Broth
- 2 14.5 oz cans Diced Tomatoes – strain the juice
- 8 oz block Cream Cheese
- 1.5 teaspoons Dried Basil
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pound of pasta – I prefer this over Angel Hair or Tortellini
1. Cook and then dice chicken breast.
2. While chicken is cooking, combine the following in a sauté pan: Vegetable Broth, Diced Tomatoes, Basil, Garlic, Onion, Pepper, and Salt.
3. Stir in the Cream Cheese until melted and fully incorporated.
4. Start to boil water for pasta. – Angel Hair and Tortellini only take 3-4 minutes to cook.
5. Add the Chicken and Spinach — let cook down a little.
6. Stir in Grated Parmesan Cheese.
7. Reserve about a cup of pasta water before straining to add back into your pasta so it doesn’t stick together.
8. Serve and yum!
The sauce might be a bit thin, so if you’d prefer it a little thicker, combine corn starch and water to thicken. It’s delicious either way!
I hope you enjoy this meal as much as I do!